Saturday, June 9, 2018

Joyful Stars Blog Hop- ConGRADulations!

Welcome to our monthly hop!

We're excited to share our creativity with you using PRODUCTS
from Close To My Heart!!


Come on in and see what BEAUTIFUL projects my crafty friends have creating using the AMAZING products from Close To My Heart!!

 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!  If you get lost along the way, CLICK HERE to see the list of this month’s hoppers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have arrived from Betty's blog you are right on track.

  Let's check out the card I want to share with you today! 


I needed a handmade graduation card for my nephew's graduation & I was determined to create something a bit unique. I was VERY happy to find this different fold of a card - it's called the "Double Triangle Fun Fold" card! :) 


For the front of the card, I used our Documented paper pack...take a look at the beautiful colors in this kit. 

I pulled out the neutral tones for a more masculine card....I even got to use the ZIP STRIP at the bottom of the card! :) 

Take a closer look at these stars...

I used our Star Thin Cuts (metal dies) and cut them with our silver foil paper.  While you can't really see that on the photo - in real life it's LOTS of fun!!

Now...for the inside....ta-da!!

Isn't that neat?!?!  :)  

It is a regular 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card size when closed, but it opens up in a different way! :) 

Here's a close up of the inside too :) 


Creating this card was QUITE easy! :) 

Take an 8 1/2x 11 paper & score it at 5 1/2". 
Turn the paper vertically...and now score it at 4 1/4. 
(this gives you 4 rectangles) 
NEXT, take your paper trimmer (or in my case I took a LONG ruler & an xacto knife)  and diagonally cut your 81/2 x 11 piece of paper from corner to corner.  This will create 2 triangles. 

When you are finished, you have 2 card bases with fun TRIANGLE folds! :) 

I used 3 stamp sets for this card...
ConGRADulations (B1564)
Splash of Color (D1733)
Smarty Pants - retired (C1649)



I also was happy to use the  "Stitched Circle" Thin Cuts.  I just LOVE that stitching around the edge! :) 




That's all for today....thanks for stopping by, and I hope you were inspired to go CREATE something on your own! :) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it’s time to Hop on over to Michelle's  blog and see what beautiful, crafty item she has to share with us!

Happy Hopping and we’ll see you on the 9th next month, when the Joyful Stars team members will be sharing more artwork using Close To My Heart products!    



Blessings to you for BEAUTIFUL day!!!


Krista Hershberger

8 comments :

  1. Love your graduation card - thanks for the inspiration! I need to make a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever fancy cut! Thanks for the info. I need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fold, need to make some of those, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how masculine you got with Documented! And the card fold is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished my cards - love this pattern! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great card design. I'm thinking I could make the Cricut to do the cutting for me though! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Crystal...yes you could!! If only I was more Cricut savy - but this is a FABULOUS idea! :)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous masculine grad card inside and out! I love the Double Triangle fold card you shared with us. Well done!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)