Thursday, August 9, 2018

Joyful Stars Blog Hop - Central Park Cardmaking WYW kit

Welcome to our monthly hop!

We're excited to share our creativity with you using PRODUCTS
from Close To My Heart!!


Come on in and see what BEAUTIFUL projects my crafty friends have creating using the AMAZING products from Close To My Heart!!

 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!  If you get lost along the way, CLICK HERE to see the list of this month’s hoppers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have arrived from Joyce Gough's blog you are right on track.


It's August, & at Close To My Heart that means that items will soon be retiring as NEW goodies will be arriving right around the corner! 

Today, I wanted to show you how I add "my twist" to our FABULOUS Cardmaking WYW kits...let's check it out! :) 

Here are the original cards the Cheers to You WYW cardmaking Kit creates...aren't they so "happy" and FUN?!? 
(click on the photo to enlarge it) 

This cardmaking kit is called "Cheers To You" and it features the Central Park papers in this kit.  Each of our Cardmaking Workshop Your Way (WYW) kits, will create 12 cards...but there is so much MORE than just that in the kit! :) 

Each kit includes, papers & cardstock, embellishments, cards, envelopes & an EXCLUSIVE stamp set - ONLY available with the purchase of that particular kit!

Here is a close up look at the EXCLUSIVE stamp set in the "Cheers to You" WYW kit.  This stamp set is one I will use again & again...and I ADORE the dotted circle & adorable heart! ;) 





While the cards CTMH designs are BEAUTIFUL...with each kit, I always like to challenge myself to create different cards too.

The "guidelines" I give myself ;)...I need to use the same cut pieces that I already cut for the cards.  
I do "allow" myself to bring in other stamp sets if I need to. :) 

Let's take a look at Card #1 and the different card designs I came up with. :) 




So take notice of the original card on top...
The 3 other cards are all a bit different.  Sometimes I didn't cut the rectangle into a trianglepiece (like in card #1) and other times I still cut the rectangle piece into 2 triangles, but I used both triangles...instead of throwing the other triangle away. :) 


Here are the Card 2 designs.... 



Again..the top card in the photo is the original card. 
It's amazing what a little turn to the card & rearranging of cut pieces can do!  I did also choose to add black shimmer trim to a few cards as well. 

Here is a look at all of the cards together & the extra stamp sets I added to make the extra cards. 



Of course, this Cardmaking Workshop kit is ADORABLE on it's own...it doesn't need to be changed around at all :) ...but this is just a fun way to get a bit more creative & next time you create a workshop - why not turn your card a quarter turn & see what NEW design you can create! :) 


That's all for today....thanks for stopping by, and I hope you were inspired to go CREATE something on your own! :) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it’s time to Hop on over to Joyce Houck's  blog and see what beautiful, crafty item she has to share with us!
Happy Hopping and we’ll see you on the 9th next month, when the Joyful Stars team members will be sharing more artwork using Close To My Heart products!    



Blessings to you for BEAUTIFUL day!!!


Krista Hershberger

5 comments :

  1. Great cards! I love the versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've changed these up! I especially love the panda. He's a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you change the pieces around for a completely different look. Really shows how versatile our card kits can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! Your focal image variations are really fun!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)