Sunday, October 18, 2020

CTMH Core Catalog NEW PRODUCT Blog Hop

 

Welcome to this 
Special Blog Hop!

Today, we will be featuring our EXCLUSIVE New PRODUCT from  the Close To My Heart CORE 1 year catalog that was released on September 1, 2020.  

There are so MANY beautiful new items!!  If you'd like to take a look at BOTH of our current Idea Books - please CLICK HERE.   

Now, to continue with this special Blog Hop....

If you have come here from Melinda's  Blog, you are on the right path!   If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants by clicking HERE

  
This month we have  Close To My Heart Consultants sharing items they created using these FABULOUS new products.   This hop is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Wahoo!! 

Here we go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The BEAUTIFUL, New Core Idea Book is HERE!!
  
This new Idea Book is FILLED with BEAUTIFUL papers, embellishments & products ---and packed F
ULL of goodness!  There are SO MANY new types of items---I'm so thankful we have an ENTIRE year to play with the goodies inside!😍


One of the NEW products that I am VERY EXCITED about ---is the Distress Oxide inks


 Two weekends ago, I was apart of the CTMH Album Retreat weekend. This was for consultants as well as customers! (make sure to ask your CTMH Consultant when the next album retreat is taking place!😍) 

We used the DISTRESS OXIDE inks a lot during the weekend (we created a total of 20 pages!) and it was SO FUN to LEARN how to use them!!

Here is the card I created for today ---and then I'll be sharing a bit about the Distress Oxide ink technique that I used to create it this card! 



I finally got a chance to "play with" the beautiful NEW stamp set -- Florals & Flutters Stamp & Thin Cut .  I'm VERY THANKFUL, this stamp set is staying around for an entire year---as I only used 2 images from this stamp set!!😊


During our Virtual Album retreat, we created this page you see below (along with another 18 pages). On this particular page, we used the AMAZING Distress Oxide Inks! 

Take a look at this layout---as this page uses the SAME technique I used to create the BACKGROUND of today's card design. 💗

To create this BEAUTIFUL, "swash" background Jill (at CTMH) showed us how to do this...

1. We used our All-Purpose Mat, and put the Distress Oxide inks directly onto that mat. 
(I used Candied Apple & Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks)

2. Next, sprayed water over the inks.
3.We took White Daisy Cardstock & dragged it through the inks.  
(you can choose to blot the paper, and/or pull it in different directions to get the look you like onto background paper.)
 
4. Let dry before adhering other pieces on top of page. 

Do you see that "leftover ink" from Jill's project, still on the All-Purpose mat ??? 
I couldn't  wipe up the ink without using the rest of it -- 💗😉

Yup---I found a scrap piece of WHITE Cardstock, swiped up the rest of that ink (before it dried)....and had a BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND for today's card! 

Thanks to CTMH & Jill for the inspiration they shared ALL WEEKEND long with us! 

Let's take a look at a few more of the DETAILS on my card for today.😊 

I used our Vellum paper & cut out these GORGEOUS flowers Thin Cuts (metal dies)!

The peach stamped heart comes from the Florals & Flutters Stamp & Thin Cut




Another NEW ITEM that is becoming a Fast FAVORITE --Glitter Gel & our 12x12 Stencils!!


I wanted a "subtle" look to add to my background, and one of our NEW 12x12 Stencils with the Stickles Glitter Gel was the PERFECT touch! I used the Nebula "color"...but you have four different gels to choose from...
1. Moon Dust
2. Nebula
3. Solar Flare
4. Asteroid




It really is "as EASY as that" to adhere these glitter gels to these backgrounds!! 

I used my All-Purpose Mat, taped down my stencil with WASHI tape to keep my background in place...and used the palette knife to spread a LIGHT coating of Nebula Glitter Gel over top of the stencil!  Ta-dah!! 

Check out the sparkly, hexagon, subtle design on the background of this card!

I LOVE the subtle look of those gold stars, added to that clear, sparkly gel! How about you?? 

To finish off the card, I added our BEAUTIFUL Blue Belle Shimmer Trim, and if you look closely, you'll see the bird is sparkly because I used the Blue Belle Shimmer Brush




The sentiment comes from our October Stamp of the Month --- "With All My Love".  This stamp can be yours for ONLY $5 ---or for FREE if you are apart of the Customer VIP Program! Make sure you check in with your CTMH Consultant to learn more! (or click here if you need a consultant 😊) 

Now it's time to "Hop" on over to Brenda's Blog to see her beautiful creation!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to visit ALL the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!   We LOVE to hear any feedback you’d like to share as well, so feel free to take a moment & leave a comment. 


so that you can get in on the FUN and get your OWN copy of the NEW 2020-2021 Core CTMH Idea Book!!! 



Blessings to you for a WONDERFUL day!!!

Krista 

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful card! This is a fun technique with the Distress Oxides. Thanks for sharing the layout from the Album Retreat. I was not able to attend the latest Album Retreat; it's fun to see some of what was created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background on the card. That is a terrific layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love how you cut the flower out of vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great way to use up the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout! The background in perfect. Great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! So many beautiful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous background idea- I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used this technique with a card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)