Saturday, December 10, 2011

Art Philosophy Blog Hop

A HUGE thanks to Lisa Stenz for hosting this Art Philosophy Blog Hop!!! 

I am AMAZED at how I use this Close To My Heart Cricut Cartridge for almost EVERY project I create!  (and I was NOT a Cricut user prior to CTMH releasing this cartridge! J) I  may just cut a simple circle for some, but more often than not – I use this cartridge to cut many of the wonderful shapes, designs, 3D items, etc. from this MAGNIFICENT cartridge!!!
Cricut-Beauty_text
Today I’d like to share with you a hostess gift that I have given recently using the Roxie paper pack.  My cousin recently had a book party for me (thanks Jodi J) and I wanted to show my appreciation to her by giving her these gifts!
DSCF9136
I created the purse from the Art Philosophy Cartridge.  The purse is found on page 23 of the booklet.  On the keypad, you will hit the “Font Layer” button + the “Shift” button and then the top row…3rd button in from the left.  If you would like to make the largest size purse you can - you will need to press the “fit to page” button and it will cut ONE purse at 6 1/4”.  (I’m wondering if I had a Gypsy – if this could be changed???)  To create TWO purses on 1- 12x12 sheet, you will set your Cricut size to 5 1/2” and you will get TWO purses!! 
pg. 22-23 Cricut mini purse circled
For the flowers…I used the “simple” roses, with no waves or wiggly edges.  I hadn’t used this flower much, but decided to give it a try! 

Well, let me tell you – I’ve been creating a LOT of these flowers lately! J You will find this flower shape on page 70 of the Art Philosophy Cricut booklet.  I cut the roses at varying sizes…3 1/2”, 2 1/2” and 1 1/2” are three sizes you could use. 

I used the leaf key (2nd row from bottom, 6 button in from left, shift key) for the foliage.  After the leaf was cut, I took my dry embossing stylus and created “veins” in the leaf.  Then, swiped the leaf in sweet leaf ink and ta-dah…a real life looking leaf! J
DSCF9234 DSCF9237
DSCF9239   DSCF9240
Here is a post it note holder that is shown in the picture above…
DSCF9137
I enjoy creating these post it note holders…they are so FUN to do!!!
I used 2 pieces of 4” cardstock squares and covered them with Roxie paper.  The plaid squares are cut at 5 1/2" and then folded over the edge of the cardstock.  I then cover the insides of the post it note with the other side of the plaid paper– the smoothie, rose print. These are cut at 3 3/4" squares, just to cover up my folded edges of the plaid.  I then used my Bind-it-All machine and punched holes and put in the spiral binding. 

I cut some more roses using the Art Philosophy Cartridge AND cut the bracket shape too! 

The bracket is found on page 37 of the Cricut booklet.  For the vanilla cream bracket that I stamped on – use the Tag key, and press the 2nd row, 4 keys in from the RIGHT.  For the black frame of the bracket…use the Layer key and the 2nd row, 4 keys from the Right button. 
DSCF9138
I used two Stamp sets to create this.  The saying “Friends…” came from the Bundled Buddies stamp set.  I LOVE swirls and flourishes J and in this case I used the Instant Memories stamp set to add these swirls. 
DSCF9143
  For the finishing touch, I tied some ribbon to the spiral binding and I also created a pen to match this post it note holder. 
Look at what a little bit of Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel does to any creation!!  I LOVE the effect of our Glitz Glitter Gels!!! Check out ALL of our four colors by clicking here!!
DSCF9141
I hope you were inspired and are ready to create with your OWN Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge!!! 

If you are not familiar with the NEW Close To My Heart Cricut Cartridge...know that this cartridge HAS it all!!! J 

There are LIMITLESS opportunities with this cartridge !!! You can create over 700 images with this ONE Art Philosophy cartridge!!!  You have a font (and a font layer), 3D flowers, 3D boxes, envelopes, card shapes, etc... ALL on THIS cartridge!!!  PLUS - what I LOVE the most, so many of these Cricut images coordinate with our wonderful My Acrylix Stamp sets!!! YES - no more cutting out stamped images...instead, cut the image with the Art Philosophy cartridge, and stamp your design directly on top of it!!  Wa-Laaa! Faster. Simpler. Easier!!!! This IS a Cartridge that you will use OVER and OVER again!! 

Contact your CTMH consultant if you would like to purchase this cartridge today (Christmas is right around the corner J) OR if you are not associated with a consultant, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning Close To My Heart!!

If you'd like to join this HOP - please DO!!!  The only guideline for this Blog Hop/Linky Party is that you use the Art Philosophy cartridge somewhere on your project. You can use any brand of paper, embellishments, stamps, etc, but make sure you tell us how you used the AP cartridge. The hop will be open for a week and will close to new entries on Monday, December 12th.  More details are found on Lisa Stenz's blog by clicking HERE

Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day!!
  Krista





4 comments :

  1. GREAT projects Krista! I love everything about them! Thanks for sharing them with us on the AP blog hop! (Your link wasn't working so I deleted it and re-posted it for you. Hopefully it is working now.) *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leaves and all the hostess gifts. Great ideas! Fabulous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great little gift set. I love it. Do you mind sharing where you find the pens to alter? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure Linda :) The pens are "Pentel R.S.V.P." pens. I find them at Staples, Wal-mart, etc. and Staples will often have them on sale - so I stock up! LOL!!! The pens have a clear see through barrel and all I do is roll up a small piece of designer paper and unscrew the back ink off the pen and tuck in that paper!!! So quick, easy but so rewarding! HTH! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)