Friday, November 16, 2012

Autumn Title Topper–with NEW products :)

Recently I was asked to create something for a Make N Take at a local crop.  What FUN!!!

The requirements were that it needed to be something that could be completed in 15 minutes…but would be something they could add to their scrapbook page. 


So… I thought I’d create a TITLE TOPPER for any of their fall scrapbook pages.  I was pleased with how this came out…and I was able to experiment with NEW products! J
downingtown crop make n take title topper_wooden shapes-pigment inks
There were a BUNCH of new items that came out in our last Idea Book that I still hadn’t played with – so NOW was my chance!!!


NEW ITEMS I used…
Pigment Inkspigment inks - basicZ2503

Color-Ready Arbor Wooden Shapeswooden shapes_arbor Z1765

and Burlap Ribbon Burlap Z1760

The burlap ribbon I had already used quite often, and it’s become one of my favorites because there are SO many ways to use it!!

BUT – I hadn’t played with the pigment inks OR the wooden shapes. 
I was DELIGHTFULLY surprised with my results!!!

Check out what I learned!!!

 I inked up the leaves in different colors of the pigment inks as I was playing…and took a picture! J

Notice – the TOP ROW of shapes, 4 out of the 5 used the Harvest Happiness stamp set!!!  The MIDDLE shape, I tried our alcohol markers to color that in.

The BOTTOM ROW, I tried different techniques – and wrote my notes about what I did. J
wooden autumn shapes and pigment inks
I LOVED the pigments inks…they were WONDERFUL!!!  Such vibrant, beautiful colors…and it was so EASY and QUICK to quickly add ink to these wood shapes!!

 I also realized we had not ONE but TWO STAMP sets that COORDINATED with the Wooden Shapes!!!

Stamp sets used that coordinated…


If you look at the picture above of all my leaves once again…you will notice, SOME of the leaves were stamped with the images in the Harvest Happiness stamp set!  The sizes of the wooden leaves and stamped images MATCHED perfectly!  How QUICK & EASY!!!


Here is a page that I created using my title topper!! 
downingtown crop make n take layout_wooden shapes-pigment inks
I used our Make It From Your Heart how-to book- pattern # 5!! (LOVE this how-to book!!) Make it From your Heart book _HowTo_Cover

Some close up views…
Give Thanks layout_close up acorn leaf cluster

The green leaf was cut with cardstock on the Cricut machine (then stamped with Harvest Happiness stamp set), but the other leaf and acorn are from our arbor wood shapes collection and I just swiped on the pigment ink - QUICK & EASY!!  

For the cap of the acorn, I used the Universal background stamp set (one of my FAVORITE stamps!)  to give it some texture. J  


Next check out this WONDERFUL wooden pumpkin!!!!
Give Thanks layout_close up pumpkin



I used the So Grateful stamp set, and 2 colors of pigment inks- goldrush and honey – to create this pumpkin!!!




I was SO excited that the design of my stamp set came through so perfectly!  For the pumpkin stem, I took my 1” pigment cube, and swiped the NE Ivy color on very carefully.
 



I hope this has inspired YOU to create something for this autumn season! 
I’d love to hear your comments on what you think of our NEW pigment inks, and our laser cut wooden shapes! 


If you are interested in getting the above stamp sets for your own– you’ll want to make SURE you take advantage of
 Close To My Heart’s November special!!! J
  

During November...

 *Purchase $50 in CTMH products...

*then purchase the November SOTM for ONLY 

$5 (retail value $17.95)


*get YOUR CHOICE of any stamp set for 1/2 

price!!!


Also, with every Stamp of the Month stamp set purchased this way,
 CTMH will give $1 to the American Red Cross to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy!  

CLICK HERE to go to my website and join the November Orders with Krista shopping link!!  




Happy Thursday!  


Krista J
610-587-9116
fun2stampnscrap@dejazzd.com 






*****Receive BONUS items from me personally,

( Dotty for You paper pack, It’s Your Day stamp set - retail $55.85)

 when you Join my Team in November!!  

CLICK HERE for details! J




November Stamp of the MOnth PLUS...

****Purchase $50 in CTMH 
product, 




Get the November


 SOTM for $5



and you are ELIGIBLE to 


receive a STAMP SET of you




choice for ½ price!!!



PLUS… for every November Stamp of the Month

 set purchased - $1 will be donated to the Red Cross 

for those effected by Hurricane Sandy! J








2 comments :

  1. What a GORGEOUS Title Topper and it really completes your layout! Thank you so much for this little tutorial on the wooden arbor shapes. I played around with mine when I first got them and wasn't happy with my results! I didn't try out the pigment inks on them and I don't think I knew about the matching stamps! I learned some things today! Now I will have to give mine another try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covered my shapes with paper...had no idea about the stamp sets that coordinate. Thanks for the tip Krista! Now I need to buy the pigment inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)