Thursday, October 23, 2014

Creative Blogger Nomination

I am honored to be nominated as a Creative Blogger by my dear friend and fellow CTMH Consultant, Gina Brandstetter! 

Gina and I_resize 800_DSC_0994Gina & I met through Close To My Heart when we were both chosen as one of 9 winners at our Spa Getaway 4 years ago!  What an AMAZING time we had (along with 7 other CTMH consultants & Monica & Kristine), and the friendships that were created those days still stand strong!  I am so thankful for CTMH and the MANY friendships being a consultant has brought into my life!!

Please make sure to head to Gina’s blog and check out her inspiring work!!  If she hadn’t nominated me…I would have nominated her! LOL! I go to her blog often to see what items she has been creating.

When nominated as a Creative Blogger - that means I need to answer some HARD questions…or maybe not hard - but they REALLY made me think - LOL!!  Well - here we go!!  J
Here are my 4 questions I need to answer before I pass along my nominations…

Chalk it Up_smile_PML card_artfully sent 20141023_125850 
1. What am I working on right now? 
Right now, I am working on a make n take project for my upcoming Crop this weekend!  I’ve had this mini project ready for a while, but worked on incorporating this piece into a 2 page layout. 

Here’s a sneak peek…
(more details will be on my blog in the near future)



2. How long does it take me to create a project? Do you really want to know? LOL!!J It can take me “days” to get my final piece just the way I like it.  I work on it, and then will often let it sit overnight & see what I think about it in the morning again.  

When I am creating more frequently in my week - the “process” doesn’t seem to take quite as long,and I may complete my project in just a few hours!  So - it really depends on the project, & the time frame I have to create it.


3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment? 
14-ai-cricut-artfully-sent_my blog
Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge~ CTMH's 4th AMAZING Cricut Collection Bundle!
This is SO HARD!!!  Can I just say everything CTMH related? J (yes…I know Gina said this too - but it was my feeling EXACTLY!!)
I really enjoy ALL of our products & since our most recent Idea Book was just released on August 1st - I’m STILL creating with a LOT of new goodies!! 

What I have been using in my creating a lot - is the NEW Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge that was just released at CTMH in September!!  The possibilities are endless with this cartridge, and I’m trying to make myself think “outside the box” and create NON-card type items with this cartridge. Although so far, I’ve been having fun creating cards with this AMAZING cartridge!!


4. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?  GREAT question - and one I often ask fellow CTMH consultants! LOL!!  When I need to be inspired, I will look through our CTMH Idea Book, Pinterest, or fellow consultants blogs.  Sometimes I just need a “nudge” and when I see a certain technique I’d like to use…I take that & then head to my stash.  I pull out the stamp set I’d like to work with, decide on what colors/paper pack to use and last, but not least, I go to my CTMH How-To-Book shelf & decide what pattern I’d like to create. 

Another way I know I HAVE to create…is to join a Blog Hop or sketch challenge.  This means I HAVE to create…and am often excited & pleased with my creating results!  I encourage you to give these a try too!!
Joyful Stars Blog Hop Badge3_zpsa824a544pinterest blog badge 1795668_10201482122558500_673901691_n Mojo Monday sketch challenge


5. What is my signature style?  Hmmm, do I have a style?  I’m not sure!! I know I do enjoy detail…and “fussy cutting” of images (although, now with CTMH Cricut cut shapes- so many stamp sets are compatible that I don’t do much cutting anymore!! Yay!) I also like to use embellishments & 3D Foam tape - I call myself the “Pop Queen” …because I LOVE dimension on my projects!! 

I LOVE to create, and I believe that Jesus has blessed me with this gift!!  I try & use this gift in a way I can minister & serve others….I really enjoy creating and so often it is my therapy.  It’s amazing how a little bit of creating & stamping can send my headache away. J
 
I hope you enjoyed reading how my creating takes place….and now I have nominated  two more bloggers that have inspired me!! 

I nominate Aaron Brown, and Lynn Como!!  Wahoo!!! 

They are both WONDERFUL artists and I look forward to checking out their blogs EACH WEEK to see what amazing creations they have created!! 


I KNOW you will be inspired by their amazing artwork too…so head on over to see their current creations!  J

Aaron - Booth #32
Lynn - Lynn Como
 
Have a WONDERFUL day!!  Krista J


















No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)