Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Card - Chalk It Up paper

Each year, our month of October is filled with many things!!  One of those is celebrating our oldest son’s birthday month, just 4 days after my birthday!

I always enjoy creating a special card for each of my children…a new card, something that I’ve never created for someone else.  They look forward to seeing what I create - however they do joke that it’s usually a couple days after their birthday until they can actually keep the card. J

Why is this, you may ask???  I’m often creating the finishing touches on the card right before the gift giving time.  We give them their gift…and I include the card, and then ask them, “Could I please have your card back so I can take pictures of it for my blog?”.   J
Or course, they are fine with this…but it’s just a different aspect than most birthday cards. LOL!!

Here is Isaac’s 17th birthday card for this  year. Happy Birthday_chalkitup_Isaac 17_DSC_0983
This year, I chose to use the Chalk It Up Paper line.  I love the neutral colors that seem to coordinate with anything!!  J

Take a peek at the designs in this paper collection




and NOW - take a look at the Chalk It Up coordinating embellishments!! 


These foam, adhesive backed shapes are so  USEFUL and so FUN to use!!






I used 3 stamp sets in creating this card (the perks of being a consultant! LOL!!)

All THREE of these stamp sets have so many images on that can be used for ALL occasions!!! 
Here We Go - the arrow…

All the Details - the plus background

and Perfect Fit- Birthday…the birthday saying



I used the NEW color Flaxen for the stamping of the arrow & the 2nd generation stamping of the plus signs in the background.

I wasn’t sure this new color would be one that I would use often - but with it’s yellow-brownish tones, I find myself pulling it out quite often!! 


Happy Birthday_chalkitup_Isaac 17_cuarrow_DSC_0983To add some more details with the stamped arrow…I added some of our (CTMH’s)
-Teal Shimmer Trim
-Black stars (from Scaredy Cat embellishments)
-Aqua Dots
- Chalk It Up foam adhesives


Happy Birthday_chalkitup_Isaac 17_sde angle_DSC_0983
Now - off to your OWN creating space …WAHOO!!!  
What will YOU create today??





Blessings to EACH of you!!

Krista Hershberger J

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)