Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Cardmaking Day!

What an exciting day today is!!  Each year, the first Saturday in October is WORLD CARDMAKING DAY!!!

I hope you were able to get some creative time in today!  I did - and let me share this quick simple card I created with you!!
Lovely Birthday card
I’ve been wanting to create a card using our (CTMH) marker’s. I have seen this technique done on other pieces of artwork.   Do you see the “paintbrush” strokes under the wording?  This was created using our ShinHan alcohol markers. 

What a QUICK & EASY way to bring in some color….and another way to use these WONDERFUL markers!!

I used the stamp set called “Lovely Birthday” and I know I’ll be using this stamp set quite often in the future!! 
I also hadn’t used our NEW Arrow Embossing folder…so it was time to incorporate that into this card as well!  After I embossed it, I inked the design with Whisper ink.

Lovely Birthday CU_card



Paper Fundamentals_picmonkey collage

The piece of striped paper in the middle of the card, is the Thistle color of our Paper Fundamentals




Oh - these fundamental papers make me squeal with delight!  What beauty they bring to a piece!! 



Take a peek at the list of products I used on this card…
Basics Pigment Ink (slate)
ShinHan Alcohol Markers(leaf green, tender pink, golden yellow, peony purple, lavender, blender pen)
Silver Sequins
Base & Bling charms
Thistle Diagonal Ribbon
Inks used: pear, whisper & slate

Then, if you’d like to create a similar card of your own, feel free to head to my website to get your supplies.

Thanks for stopping by & I look forward to seeing you again soon!!


Happy World Cardmaking Day!!
Krista Hershberger J

2014-10-cc-ribbon-revelry-us_ca

October 2014 Home For the Holidays Stamp Set 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)