Sunday, August 18, 2013

Artbooking in August Blog Hop - week 3

blog badge 2 copy

Welcome to week #3 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop!







Today is our THIRD week to share with you items created with Close To My Heart’s NEW Artbooking Cricut Cartridge!!  

As you may know, EACH of CTMH’s Cricut cartridges have 700 images (not sizes…) AND they coordinate with MANY of our stamp sets -allowing us to have BEAUTIFUL, but quick & easy creations!!!

I KNOW you will have fun browsing the MANY ways you can use our NEWEST Artbooking cartridge!!! J So come on in and continue on this hop…

If you have come from Mary Gunn’s Blog…you are on the right track!  


Our challenge during the month of August was to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and we could use any CTMH paper pack. 
We will each be creating one of the following items each week…
1. 2 page layout
2. Card
3. Mini Book
4. Home décor or “giftable” item
We were able to choose which of these 4 items to create and choose which Monday to post it.  This is a circular hop, so if you get lost along the way CLICK HERE to see the complete list posted on Adeline’s (our fearless coordinators) blog.

This week I wanted to share with you  
a mini album I created

With the Christmas season quickly approaching, I ventured to create a Christmas mini album!! 
Christmas mini-album_Artbooking DSC_2998
I wanted this album to be QUICK and EASY
and to me, quick and easy means NO STAMPING or INKING!
If you know me well - you then know how HARD it was for me to create an album in this fashion. J

Instead of using my “normal” items of stamps & inks - I chose to make sure there was some type of sparkle or glitter on each page. J FUN!!!

For the majority of this album, I  used the O key…
key O- Christmas mini album
and the P key in the Artbooking cartridge booklet.  I kept the size on the suggested size of 10” as I created this album.
key P- Christmas mini albumI am still AMAZED at how this Artbooking Cricut cartridge makes creating mini-albums and 2 page layouts as easy as 1…2….3!!!!   It’s WONDERFUL!!!!



Here is a close up of the cover of the album.
Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg1 closeup DSC_2998
I did cut out TWO Barn Red base pages.  I then cut out the 3 ornaments of the 2nd base page so I could give some depth to my ornaments on the cover.  I also glued the entire barn red base page to the olive “december” base page, instead of making two separate pages.


Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg2 DSC_2998

For the 2nd page, I chose to use just cardstock, accented with some glitter paper. 

I LOVE the way the mini-albums have so many “see through” aspects! 



You can see the swirl peeking through the circle with merry…you’ll see where that comes from as we turn to the 3rd page.












Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg3 DSC_2998 For the 3rd page I took a wider shot of the album, so that you could see how you COULD use ALL sides of this album!!

  At this time, I chose not to do that…but I would like to add to this album in the near future and create on the left side of my pages as well! 

Did you notice the swirl??  Just a simple accent added to the photo mat. 


Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg3 closeup DSC_2998
I love how EASY it is to layer  shapes to add dimension to any item!!!  Here I built a star - and added some 3D foam tape to give it a “pop”! 

The metal swirl AND the sparkle center - all come from the Rosewood mini-medley collection. 







The4th page is a mini page…and I LOVE how the glitter border (cut from the O Key) turned out on this page!  

 Our 12x12 glitter paper can be placed on your cricut cutting mat, and you can CUT away!!!(make sure the blade setting is on the highest of 6)
  Glitter paper REALLY ADDS an extra touch to ANY creation!!!  Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg4 DSC_2998
How EASY - and SIMPLE this 5th page turned out to be!!!  I LOVE the scalloped edged photo frame - which comes from the “2 of a kind” key!

Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg5 DSC_2998 
By filling in the holly cut out with glitter paper…it completes this page. 


The 6th page, and final page, is again simple…but still looks GREAT even though there is no inking or stamping!
Christmas mini-album_Artbooking pg6 DSC_2998
I believe this reindeer is going to become famous J and will be used often in many creations.  The photo mat (another favorite design of mine) comes from the “snow” key. 


I hope you enjoyed this album, and can see how QUICK & EASY this NEW Artbooking Cricut Cartridge makes our creating- without taking away the beauty of the creation!! 
Christmas mini-album_Artbooking- cover DSC_2998
In case you would like to try to create an album similar to mine, here is a list of the items I used on this album- or feel free to contact me with any questions you may have !J


Products Used on my MINI-ALBUM…
Now, hop on over to Kimberly Hill’s Blog to see what she has created using this NEW Artbooking Cartridge!! 

If you get lost along the way CLICK HERE to view the entire list of Artbooking creators! 


Happy Hopping and make sure to JOIN US again next Monday for our LAST week of items created using this FABULOUS Artbooking Cartridge!!
  
Blessings to you for a WONDERFUL day!!!
Krista J

15 comments :

  1. wonderful, wonderful!!! Such a great project with no stamping - who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love all your blinged and glittered out portions!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning album! All your glittering details are just wonderful. Thanks so much for the tip on cutting the glitter paper. I was wondering what the setting should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I may have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! The Huntington paper gives your Christmas themed book a old fashioned Victorian feel! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cricut cuts are amazing. Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the "merry" and the "25" circles!!! Love the reindeer & the bricks! Thanks for sharing this lovely album...can't wait to create one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Album, Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with your mini-book. Great job sharing the details with us too!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful album! I love Christmas albums and this is awesome! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can someone let me know if the original 6" x 12" cricut will work with mini books in the art booking cartridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have my booklet in front of me at the moment, but as I remember...there are different size mini albums...the album above is just one size. However, keep in mind that you can create an album any size...as long as you hit the "real dial size" key first, and then set your measurements to the size you want, cutting your largest pieces first :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)