Friday, August 9, 2013

Joyful Stars Blog Hop- Huntington

Welcome to our monthly 
Joyful Stars Blog Hop!!!!
We're excited to share our creativity with you using our favorite Close To My Heart products

THIS MONTH we will be sharing items using our “NEWEST PRODUCTS”  that were just released on AUGUST 1st and ONLY available through Close To My Heart!!

 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!

If you have arrived from Lori’s blog you are right on track.


Today I will be sharing with you items using the NEW Huntington paper pack & sharing one of our NEW Designed Décor frames!!  
Frame-burlap_designed decor display DSC_2255
If you missed my most recent blog post (giving you details on my Autumn/corn cob card) you may want to CLICK HERE to check it out. J 

I LOVE that CTMH now carries FRAMES…and we have TWO different designs!!  I enjoy creating artwork, but the displaying of the artwork is part of sharing too! J 


The frame that I have shown here is our Colonial White Frame with our chicken wire backing…I added the Burlap backing.  To add the burlap – I cut a piece of cardboard, purchased some burlap in a roll…and stapled the burlap to the cardboard! J That way I can change out the burlap when another season comes around!


I am going to share the details of one card today…but feel free to return to my blog over the next couple of weeks to learn details on the  the other cards AND other items using new product that I created recently!!


Alright – let’s get started! J 
Let’s take a look at this 5x7 card… 
Give thanks_Huntington stickease_dry embossing_liquid glass cardDSC_2258I used the pattern called “Framed Message” on pg. 107, from our ORIGINALS how-to book  to get my creative juices flowing.

I really like how this card turned out – especially since there is NO STAMPING on this card!!!  That’s right J– everything you see is paper, sticker or embellishment!!! 


So, let’s take a closer look….
Give thanks_Huntington stickease_close up liquid glass cardDSC_2258
I LOVE our “My Stickease” collections. 

They are BEAUTIFUL stickers all by themselves, OR it’s fun to “dress them up” too!! 


In this case, I added a little extra to the My Stickease.  A touch of Liquid Glass to the flowers adds SO MUCH!!!  Did you also notice  the dots of  liquid glass on designer Huntington paper???  I dry embossed lines over top of the designer paper and then ALSO dry embossed diamonds on the Barn Red cardstock base. 


The Stickease that has the “Give thanks…” I inked the edges, and used some of our FABULOUS 3D foam tape (I call myself “Foam tape Queen”J ) to give it that extra “pop”.  
I wanted to use some of our NEW Sarita Textiles…so I tried my hand at pleated some of our coordinating fabric. 

PLEASE…do not look at my sewing – LOL!  I am not a seamstress by any means, but I was pretty excited with how this “border” turned out.
Give thanks_Huntington stickease_card_pleated fabric DSC_2258
The embellishments that I added come from our NEW Rosewood Mini-medley collection – I LOVE this new antique color that will coordinate with SO MANY THINGS!!! 


One last item to take note ofyou will not find a plaid scallop border on the Huntington Stickease sheet. J  So…I made my own scallop border!! 


You’ll want to make sure to check out our NEW Scallop Border Punch – you can alter so many things…from stickease, paper, shimmer trim and MORE!!


It’s AMAZING how many details can be apart of ONE card…and with NO STAMPING! J
Here’s a final look at the card….     
Give thanks_Huntington stickease_5x7 card2 DSC_2258 
Now hop on over to Nickie’s blog to see what amazing artwork she has created this month!!  Happy Hopping and we’ll see you next month!!    

Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day!!!
Krista Hershberger J

12 comments :

  1. Krista - all of your cards are fabulous! They look really great in the frame. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Beutiful!!! Love how you worked with the burlap. The cards are terrific too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful, detailed and easy card! I love how elegant it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the opaque pearls and the fabric. Lovely Artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Cards and LOVE what you did with the frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista, beautiful display! It really caught my eye on my blog reader! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and all of the work that you put into it! Wow. I will definitely be back to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic display for your works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous frame and cards! You are so talented, Krista.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your artwork. All the details really make them wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Krista! All of your cards are just FABULOUS!!! You are so extremely talented!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)