Thursday, April 9, 2015

Joyful Stars Blog Hop – Sympathy card with Yuletide

Joyful Stars Blog Hop Badge3_zpsa824a544Welcome to our monthly  
 Joyful Stars Blog Hop!!!!
We're excited to share our creativity with you using PRODUCTS from Close To My Heart!!  


Come on in and see what BEAUTIFUL projects my fellow consultants have creating using the AMAZING products from Close To My Heart!!


 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!  If you get lost along the way, CLICK HERE to see the list of this month’s hoppers! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have arrived from my friend Betty Loco’s blog you are right on track. 
My cards today uses our “Christmas” paper pack – Yuletide.

  Yup – it’s from our Christmas collection, but isn’t this a GREAT way to show how we can think outside the box, and try to not label this as Christmas?!?!  J

The neutral colors of this paper are perfect for some Sympathy cards I needed to create. 

Ok…here are the cards I created…
Yuletide_sympathy_set of 2 cards_DSC_1617

I used two stamp sets….Be Still (retired) and our stamp set  called A Budding Friendship....a WONDERFUL flower stamp set!! What I like MOST about this stamp set – is that there is an already “colored in flower” that we can just STAMP into the flower!!

Take a look at the Stamp set….see the outline of the flower AND the “color” for inside the flowers too!!  I LOVE how quick & easy this makes it to create a project!!!
Yuletide_sympathy_card 1_CU_DSC_1617
Take a look at the 2 cards, side by side, once again….did you notice that I used 2 different papers?  Which one do you like better? J


I love the subtle effect of the Honeycomb Embossing Folder at the bottom of the card….
Yuletide_sympathy_card 1_DSC_1617
…and then for the finishing touches – I added the Gold sequins & Gold shimmer trim! 

 
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now it’s time to Hop on over to my fellow consultant Marie Flayer’s blog to check out what beautiful, crafty item she has to share with us! J 

Happy Hopping and we’ll see you on the 9th next month, when the Joyful Stars team members will be sharing more artwork using Close To My Heart products!    



Blessings to you for BEAUTIFUL day!!!

Krista Hershberger J

7 comments :

  1. Lovely sympathy card - I like how you combined the pastel flowers with the Yuletide paper. It is an unusual combination and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very beautiful, Krista! Be Still is one of my favorite stamp set. Very creative using the Christmas theme paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your sympathy cards are just gorgeous! That flower set works so nicely with the Yuletide paper. I've been holding off on getting that flower set as I have so many flower stamps but you now have me reconsidering buying Budding Friendship. I love the 3 little sequin accents and dry embossing also. Very well done!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards Krista. How quickly we forget about using these fabulous Christmas papers, which are perfect all year long. Combining sequins & those flowers with it was the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! That paper is beautiful for this. Good thinkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always heartbreaking to make sympathy cards, and I love this retired but perfect sentiment. The card design, paper, and embellishments work together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice cards, your work is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)