Saturday, May 9, 2020

Joyful Stars Blog Hop - Blue Skies balloon card

Welcome to our monthly hop!
We're excited to share our creativity with you using PRODUCTS
from Close To My Heart!!


Come on in and see what BEAUTIFUL projects my crafty friends have creating using the AMAZING products from Close To My Heart!!

 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!  If you get lost along the way, CLICK HERE to see the list of this month’s hoppers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have arrived from my friend Marie's blog you are right on track.

A new Idea book arrived at Close To My Heart on May 1st, so there are a LOT of new things to share! 

Here is the card I created for you today...



May is "National Scrapbooking Month"...and we LOVE to celebrate this occasion with an exclusive collection! 

This year, CTMH, has released the Blue Skies collection.  
Included in this collection are: 
12 sheet paper pack
12x12 sticker sheet
12 sheet UV coated cardstock
2 different stamp sets
Cut Above Scrapbooking kit
Pinwheel Thin Cuts 

AND if that wasn't enough ;) 
...you can choose to get many of these items listed above, in a DISCOUNTED BUNDLE!!! 

Make sure to check in with your consultant for ALL the details!

Let's take a closer look at the DETAILS of this card...



I decided to paper piece the hot air balloon with our BEAUTIFUL UV Coated Cardstock.  The pink flags were colored with our Tri-Blend alcohol markers. 

Take a look at the "Beautiful Day" stamp set and notice the images I used for this card. 


Now---take a look at the clouds. :) Do you see how my clouds look different than the stamp image?


TIP TO SHARE---try turning over your stamp & inking up the backside of the stamp!

I was EXCITED with the results when I inked the back side of my cloud stamp. Instead of the outline of the cloud being stamped, it gave me a soft, puffy cloud!  I used 2nd generation lagoon ink to get this look.

Now, let's take a close up look at the UV Coated cardstock.


Do you see how the cardstock as a clear embossed design already printed on the one side of it?? So NEAT!! I think this is my FAVORITE part of the "Blue Skies" collection!

I finished off my card, by using a sentiment from our May Stamp of the Month "Time to Celebrate".  As you can see, this stamp set is LOADED with fabulous words and sayings!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my card & were inspired to create some of your own. 




Happy Crafting & have a LOVELY evening!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it’s time to Hop on over to Joyce G's Blog and see what BEAUTIFUL, crafty item she has to share with us today! :) 

Happy Hopping and we’ll see you on the 9th next month when the Joyful Stars team members will be sharing more artwork using Close To My Heart products!    

Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day!!!


Krista Hershberger

4 comments :

  1. Love your card - looks like I need to make some more cards with the Blue Skies paper and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards as always, Krista!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful, cheerful card! Great job of highlighting all the wonderful parts of your card. Thanks for inspiring me yet again!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to work constraints I did not immediately look at the hop last month, so glad I am revisiting now. I just love this happy card! And great tip to use the back side of the cloud stamp for that "puffy" affect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)