Monday, August 22, 2011

Make n Take projects from Open House

Thank you to each one of you that participating in Thursday & Friday’s Open House!  It is always so FUN to see each of you and share about Close To My Heart’s newest items!
                        
I want to share with you the two make n takes I had at my Open House. 

The first card was a card we created using the August Stamp of the Month! J  I was sooo excited when I came up with this design!!!  It is AMAZING how you can use CLEAR stamps in so MANY ways that would be very difficult or nearly impossible with wood stamps! J 
What stamp image (from the Wicked – August SOTM stamp set) was used in creating this card??? J  

Yup – you got it!!!  I used the witches broom to create the flower in this card! J  So FUN!!!!  I was SO EXCITED when I discovered this trick!!! 

I stamped the top of the witches broom 3-4 times in sunset ink until I made the flower look like I wanted it to look.  Then I used olive ink to stamp the “base & stem” of the flower.  The stamped leaves did come from another stamp set – our new set called Unscripted.  I can’t wait to create items with this stamp set.  Believe it or not, I’ve only used the little leaf so far from this set! J
Ok – back to the card.  You may realize I also (once again) used the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge on this card!!! J  I cut out <shape 2> on page 36 of the manual in 2 different colors.  The desert sand shape was cut at 1 ¼”.  I then used one of the three stamp sets that comes with the Art Philosophy Cricut Bundle and stamped the “wishing you a wonderful…” right on top!!!  Yay!!  Cricut, did the hard work of cutting out this shape for me J

Next I cut a sunset <shape 2> at 1 ½”.  I used our ORIGINALS how-to book (pg. 59) for the design of the card…and I used the New Mischief paper pack.  I added a few of our Mocha Opaque gems and to finish it off – I had to pull out some of our FABULOUS BRONZE glitz glitter gel! J  LOVE THIS STUFF!!! 

For the 2nd make and take, I wanted to create an item using the Cricut Art Philosophy (AP) in every way possible J  So…I designed this pillow box!!!

We used the new Roxie paper pack. (I can’t get enough of this paper pack – especially the plaid! J)

The pillow box was cut at 5”(pg. 28 in manual).  The black scalloped edge border was cut at 1” to make this border 6 ½” in length (pg. 62) and the scalloped vanilla cream circle was cut at 2” (pg. 41).  I used the Art Philosophy Tag stamp set (that comes with the bundle) to stamp the “Thanks you’re…” image directly on top of that 2” scalloped circle! J  Love it, LOVE IT!!

I wanted to show my friends/customers J…how NEAT the 3D flowers are on the Cricut – so we added a 1 ½” rose (pg. 68) to this pillow box.  With this rose, we inked the edges with black ink prior to rolling it up.  Then I also used my paper piercer to “roll back” the petals of this rose to help it look more real.  THEN – we finally rolled up the flower to the middle.  We used Liquid glass to adhere it to the base, and touched up the petals by again using the paper piercer to roll back the petals. 

I did create this board below, so that you can see the 6 different kinds of flowers that you can create with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge! J 

Keep in mindthe flowers on this board were cut out with the Cricut, rolled up and held with a glue dot.  There was no inking, no shaping the petals; no anything….this is exactly how they would look when you use our white-cored, CTMH cardstock to create a flower using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. 

click the picture to see it larger...J

1st row –  Tulip Cardstock
                   3”               2”               1”
2nd row – Vanilla Cream Cardstock
                   4 ½”                    3 ½”                    2 ½”
3rd row – Petal cardstock
                   4”               3”               2”
4th row – Goldrush cardstock
                   4 ¾”           3 ¾”           2 ¾”
5th row – Sunset cardstock
                   3 ¾”                    2 ¾”           1 ¾”
6th row – Crystal Blue Cardstock
                   4 ¼”           3 ¼”           2 ¼”

Here is one more pillow box – the same design, colors as the make n take – but I used the stamp set “Pair-A-Phrase”!!! 


Don’t miss your chance this MONTH to get this Pair-A-Phrase stamp set for FREE when you place a $75 order!!! J 

AND…don’t forget about the SPECIAL that runs until August 31st

If you purchase the August Stamp of the Month set for $5 (when you place a $50 min. order) you will receive the Wicked stamp set PLUS an A-size stamp set – Typeface- for FREE too!!! J 

How many stamp sets will you receive when you purchase $70 in products and add on the August SOTM for ONLY $5.00??

FOUR stamp sets for $5.00!! J
You will receive the…

***August SOTM for $5.00 with a qualifying order (retail value: $17.95)
***A-size Alphabet – Typeface for FREE (retail value: $6.95)

***Pair-A-Phrase Stamp set for FREE (retail value $35.90…and just a side note - there is no limit to the number of free sets you can receive per order!!!  If you place a qualifying order of $150, you will receive 2 My Acrylix® Pair-a-Phrases stamp sets for free. J)


These FOUR stamp sets are a RETAIL value of $60.80!!! J 

CLICK HERE to get these AMAZING specials today! J

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)