Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fabric Flowers with Close To My Heart!

So, do you remember back  a couple of posts ago when we talked about creating flowers with Close To My Heart’s NEW fabric?

Fabric-Textiles_by CTMH_2013 DSC_3979
(CLICK HERE if you’d like to see this post)

Well, NOW is the TIME! J

I know there are MANY ways to use Fabric/Textiles, and I would LOVE to hear how YOU use your fabric in your crafting endeavors! J
(feel free to leave a comment below, as to how YOU use fabric)


Here are the flowers I talked about in the earlier post…
Fabric flowers_sarita_twist and glue DSC_2256
I saw these rolled flowers on my teammates Blog - Helen Gullet, and LOVED them and went to create them right away!  She had referenced Lindsey’s youtube video (see at end of post) in creating these.  (CLICK HERE to see what Helen created with these flowers )

So a BIG thanks to those of you who create Video tutorials!  I enjoy videos, and I hope someday I will be able to create some of my own! J


Fabric_sarita DSC_0002
It really was QUITE easy to create these flowers…and our CTMH fabric worked GREAT!!! 

I used the goldrush print from the pack of Sarita textiles.



  • First, I got a piece of felt (I had laying around).  I cut it into a 6” square. 
  • Next, I ripped/cut fabric into strips that were 1” wide and as long as I wanted. J
  • Then, I got my hot glue gun, made a dot of glue in the middle of my 6” square and attached the end of one strip of material.
  • Next, once the glue was dry, I started twisting the fabric and started to create a circle! 


 I LOVED the tip Lindsey shared about using an unsharpened pencil instead of your finger, to help hot glue stick to fabric.

The rest is quite simple…just continue to use your hot glue until your flower gets as big as you’d like it!  (the video below will show you wonderful examples of how this is done)

I wanted to make my flower “moveable” J - so I sewed on some Baker’s Twine to the felt back so that I could TIE it to the Colonial White Décor Frame, instead of attaching it permanently. J

Yay!  I love when I think of (simple) things like this! J
fabric twisted flower_backing DSC_2967


There are MANY other things to create with Fabric…

fabric circles_baste stitching and pull DSC_2969
Here is another type of flower made with the fabric.  I believe they are called Yo-Yo flowers. 

For the largest flower, I used a 6 1/4” circle of fabric, basted the edges of this large circle, and then pulled my thread to gather it together and create a smaller circle.  The circle then became 3”.  I added our Rosette Ribbon and an embellishment from our TEAL Base & Bling asst to finish it off. 

You can also use fabric, just like you would Paper! J
Fabric_God is refuge card_DSC_2355


Use it like you would a RIBBON….Fabric- ribbon on autumn card DSC_2319


Create your OWN pleated border!
(Click here for Complete details on this card)
Give thanks_Huntington stickease_close up liquid glass cardDSC_2258


How about creating one of our NEW Base & Bling wearable items!!
headband_sarita fabric DSC_2971 


Here is a sample of our Base & Bling headband that was SO EASY to create!!!

  • headband_side view DSC_2972Cut 4 fabric circles - all the same size. 
  • Fold the circles in half, and then in half again. 
  • Put the points of the four folded circles together.
  • Adhere to the headband base.
  • Add other embellishments as you like! J




I hope this post was IMFORMATIVE, and that this has encouraged YOU to try some fabric creations on your own!!  J


I thought I’d attach the video, so you can see how Lindsey explains it…I didn’t do exactly what she said, but she had some great tips.

Have FUN creating items with Close To My Heart’s WONDERFUL fabrics! J 

Blessings to each YOU,
Krista J

***If  you are excited about the project above, and are in need of some supplies to help you in your creating, feel free to head over to my website to get some of these FABULOUS Close To My Heart products! J 


There are TWO great specials taking place during
the month of September!



When you place a $50 CTMH order during the month of September

you will receive 4 stamp sets


for ONLY $15!!
(plus shipping & tax)



Take a look at the stamp sets!!
9-13 SOM Image

Receive the
September Stamp of the Month (SOTM)
for ONLY $5


I LOVE this stamp set…click HERE to see artwork using this set!






AND


2013-9 National Stamping Month stamp images


Receive this TRIPLE stamp set collection

“You Are Happy”
that we have in honor of National Stamping Month
for ONLY $10 !
 
Regular retail price of these 4 stamp sets would be have a retail value of $65.85!!!

Wahoo!  I LOVE double specials! 

1 comment :

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)