Friday, November 9, 2018

Joyful Stars Blog Hop - Good Tidings Christmas card

Welcome to our monthly hop!

We're excited to share our creativity with you using PRODUCTS
from Close To My Heart!!


Come on in and see what BEAUTIFUL projects my crafty friends have creating using the AMAZING products from Close To My Heart!!

 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!  If you get lost along the way, CLICK HERE to see the list of this month’s hoppers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have arrived from Joyce Gough's blog you are right on track.

Today I thought I'd share a non-traditional Christmas card with you. Take a look at this card below! 

 
(click on the photo to enlarge it) 


This card was fun to create & my color combo was inspired by our NEW Color Combo book called "Love of Color".  I LOVE this book, and how fun it is to try out new color combos!  You'll want to check out the Love of Color book by clicking HERE


I used our beautiful Christmas papers, called "Oh What Fun"...and what a FUN pack of patterned paper is in this collection! I ADORE these bright colors, for a different twist to the Christmas season! (they make GREAT birthday papers too!) 


I also used 3 stamp sets to create this card design.  The first stamp is called "Tis the Season - scrapbooking" stamp....take a look...



The 2nd stamp set used was the "Wonder of the Season" stamp set.  
Do you SEE all the possibilities with this stamp set? 

And the 3rd stamp, you can hardly see where I used it on the card...but I DID use this "Watercolor Impressions" stamp set. 



Let's take a close up look at the card....the tag, is where I stamped the Watercolor Impression using the Linen ink.  When you see this card in person, you do really notice this stamp! :) 



The flower was colored with TWO of our new colors of Shimmer Brushes.  I used Sugarplum & mint.  The gold sparkle in the middle of the poinsettia, were the perfect touch to create this flower! 


Also, I have been having fun tying our MINK Twine into bows!  All I did was "double up" the twine, and tie the bow like I would my shoelace.  Ta-da! It's as easy as that! 

And check out the black & white striped Washi tape --- that's from the Hello Pumpkin collection (not halloween at all!) 



Here is the page in the Love of Color book, where I receive the inspiration....pretty close to the original design - but yes so different too!




One of my FAVORITE new products, is our Metal die cuts we call "Thin Cuts".. We now have a "Fancy Tags" thin cut bundle!!  

This set is LOADED with 10 different tags, & you can see that some of them have stitched edges too! :) 




Here is my "recipe" of the items I used to create the card above...enjoy!


D1801    Tis the Season Scrapbooking stamp
D1797    Watercolor Impressions stamp
Z4238     Wonder of the Season
X7238B  Oh What Fun paper
                Eggplant cardstock
9045       Love of Color
9044       Make It From Your Heart vol 4, patt #10
Z4305     Fancy Tags Thin Cuts
Z4214     Hello Pumpkin washi tape
Z4188     Sugarplum Glitter paper
Z4210     Sugarplum Shimmer Brush
Z4225     Mint Shimmer Brush
Z4221     Mink Twine
Z4191     Silver Glitter Gems

Inks:        Linen, Eggplant & Memento



That's all for today....thanks for stopping by, and I hope you were inspired to go CREATE something on your own! :) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it’s time to Hop on over to Joyce Houck's Blog and see what BEAUTIFUL, crafty item she has to share with us today! :) 

Happy Hopping and we’ll see you on the 9th next month, when the Joyful Stars team members will be sharing more artwork using Close To My Heart products!    


Blessings to you for BEAUTIFUL day!!!


Krista Hershberger

4 comments :

  1. Love your color combination for your non-traditional Christmas card. The mink twine and gold sparkle are perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the color combination on this and how elegant it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful card! I love cards in non-traditional colors for Christmas. This color combo is stunning. All your details are fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job of showcasing that stitched frame thin cut die! Great card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)