Saturday, June 20, 2020

Bring Back Your Pack - "Brushed" Blog Hop

Welcome to this 
Special Blog Hop!


Today, we will be featuring one of our monthly specials at Close To My Heart our "Bring Back Your Pack - Brushed" collection!!  

To view this entire special & the many different ways you can get this paper pack....please CLICK HERE.   

Now, to continue with this special Blog Hop....

If you have come here from Michelle's  Blog, you are on the right path!   If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants by clicking HERE

  
This month we have  Close To My Heart Consultants sharing items they created using these FABULOUS new products.   This hop is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Wahoo!! 

Here we go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who remembers this Brushed paper pack from 2014? 

Well, it is BACK with UPDATED colors & more gorgeous than before! There is EVEN a DISCOUNTED BUNDLE Brushed Kit -- that includes ALL of the goodies at a 20% DISCOUNT! :) :) 

 Let's take a look at the card I created, using this BEAUTIFUL paper collection. 

Recently, I have been seeing a lot of these Pull Tab Flip Cards come across my computer screen.  I knew I wanted to give this interactive card a try, so I headed to YouTube and was excited to see so many examples! 
However, most of the card designs on YouTube, were created with tools I didn't have in my stash, so I needed to improvise.  ;) ...let the FUN begin!! LOL!! 

I wanted to have a "tag edge" for my pulling mechanism.  I pulled out the CTMH Tags & Tabs Thin Cut set and used my die cutting machine in a different way than I normally use it.  

Did you know you don't have to use ALL of the Die plates when running your metal die through your machine

Let me explain below... 
(you can click on ANY photo in this post to enlarge it)



It was fun to remember to use my cutting machine this way -- and only cut PART of the image that I needed.  That created my PERFECT tag end for my pull out mechanism!!  Yay!! 


The card front of this card is very simple...but I will say it's MUCH shinier in person! :) 

A few highlights of the front of the card....
...a chevron "zip strip" was used at the bottom
...sponged Pixie ink around White Daisy mat
...used the stamp rolling technique with Canary & Pixie inks to get my 2 toned butterfly
....used Lagoon Shimmer Brush to color in the butterfly
...added Gold Glitter Gems to front of card.


I wanted to add a bit more color to the background of my white card base, so I used Green Apple ink to stamp some of the leaves from the stamp set. 


Speaking of the stamp set, let's take a look at the "Your Own Kind of Wonderful" stamp set....look at all of those beautiful images! 


The interactive part of the card is ---when you PULL the TAB -- the front square opens up to reveal another square! 



Here is a closer look at the inside. 

I inked the butterfly in Lagoon ink & then added Clear Shimmer Brush over top of the butterfly & used Gold Stickles for the body. 



This stamp set is a favorite of mine, and while it was in our March/April catalog -- it is still available in the ONLINE ONLY section of your consultant's website -- while supplies last! :)  


I then decided to stamp a few of the butterflies from the stamp set on the INSIDE part of the card, to carry my theme through.  To color these beauties, I used the Raspberry & Lagoon Shimmer Brushes.  

Maybe you caught on that I ADORE all of the Shimmer Brushes we carry! LOL!!! :) :)  They are FABULOUS tools to color in images, and are so fun to use in other ways too! 

This photo is what the card looks like all opened up. :)

The Front, middle front, and the inside of the "Pull Tab Flip Card". 




Before we go--you'll want to make SURE to gaze at the BEAUTY of the  Brushed Paper collection...and yes there is a 12x12 Sticker Sheet included in this photo too. :)  This paper is ONLY available until July 31, 2020, OR While Supplies Last. 





The colors in this kit are SO BEAUTIFUL and "happy" It's been a JOY to create with these vibrant colors!


***PLEASE NOTE***

CTMH is holding a FREE, Virtual Class on Tuesday, June 30th, and will be using the Brushed Bundle in this particular workshop class!!

We will be creating SEVEN 12x12 Scrapbook Pages AND 8 Cards in this class...and we'd love to have you join in the fun!! 
Make sure you check in with your CTMH Consultant for all the details!! 


I hope you enjoyed my card creations & that you were INSPIRED today!! :) 

Now it's time to "Hop" on over to Gina's Blog to see her beautiful creation!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to visit ALL the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!   We LOVE to hear any feedback you’d like to share as well, so feel free to take a moment & leave a comment. 


Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here if you need a consultant :)) 
so that you can get in on the FUN and get this BEAUTIFUL "Brushed Collection" items before they leave us at the end of this month!  



Blessings to you for a WONDERFUL day!!!

Krista 

5 comments :

  1. Love your pull tab flip card....thanks for the tip on only cutting what you needed from the 'tag' thin cut...worked perfectly and beautiful butterflies on the inside of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome card Krista! Sure do love it! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the special little touches on your card to make it pop- especially the shimmer and the sponged inking around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pull tab cards - yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)