Friday, November 6, 2020

Holiday Cards Blog Hop

 


Welcome to this 
Special Blog Hop!

Today, we will be featuring  HOLIDAY Cards using FABULOUS Close To My Heart current product! 

We have so MANY beautiful items, some are NEW & some are in the Online Only section--you'll want to make SURE to check it all out!  Please CLICK HERE.   

Let's continue with this special Blog Hop....

If you have come here from Melinda's  Blog, you are on the right path!   If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants by clicking HERE

  
This month we have  Close To My Heart Consultants sharing items they created using these FABULOUS new products.   This hop is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Wahoo!! 

Here we go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Christmas just a month away, I was EXCITED to see the new "Flourished Joy" M-size stamp arrive in our Nov/Dec catalog at CTMH!! 

I was also SO EXCITED to have an in-home party last week! At all of my gatherings, we create a card & I wanted to create a Christmas card..and ta-dah!! This is what I created for them to make that day! 



Traditional colors of Red & Green (or New England Ivy & Scarlet) were used for this card design. 
It's always FUN to incorporate techniques and there are quite a FEW TECHNIQUES in the creating of this card! 



Take a look at the Black Cardstock behind the Joy.... it's NOT regular cardstock! 

I used the CTMH Scallop Circle Thin Cut to cut the shape...but LOOK at that Beautiful Black ORE Cardstock!! 
It is a THICK cardstock (still cut fine with our Thin Cuts) AND it has a little shimmer affect to it....it's BEAUTIFUL!!! 

2. Dry Embossing --and then inking the top of it!! 

I ran my DESIGNER paper (yes..there is a pattern to that paper!) through my Cuttlebug machine. 
I love the look that the lovely "Spring Blossoms" Embossing folder created on the paper---but it needed more. 
I then laid my embossed, designer paper on my All Purpose Mat, and took my Scarlet ink pad -- and swiped the ink across the top of the raised, embossed design!! 
Ta-dah!!  It almost looked like suede when it was all dry! 


Next, I used the Comfort & Joy - Scrapbooking stamp/thin cut to create my poinsettia. 
I used Scarlet ink & stamped the flowers on the LIGHT side of our two-toned cardstock. I stacked two of the flowers together, and you may also notice that I "painted" the petals with our Clear Shimmer brush😊 and finished off the center of the flower with Golden Rod Stickles




This card is a Z-fold card---a fun interactive design to this card creation!! There is plenty of room to write or stamp something inside.  

If  you wouldn't need all of this white space, you could put another piece of paper on the Left, white side to bring in more color! I tend to need a LOT of space to write my greeting --LOL!! 




Here is a look at the TWO stamp sets I used to create this card....





Thanks for stopping by today & I hope you were INSPIRED to create something of you own! 


Now it's time to "Hop" on over to my friend Gina's Blog to see her beautiful creation!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to visit ALL the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!   We LOVE to hear any feedback you’d like to share as well, so feel free to take a moment & leave a comment. 



Contact your CTMH Consultant 
(or click here if you need a consultant :)) 
so that you can get in on the FUN and get your OWN copy of the NEW Nov/Dec CTMH Idea Book!!! 



Blessings to you for a WONDERFUL day!!!

Krista 

9 comments :

  1. Wow, my friend! This is absolutely gorgeous in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you embossed the paper, it gives such a beautiful detail to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Such an elegant card. My absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fold card. The black scallop circle really adds the wow to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful - love the embossing on the Scarlet paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! There are so many beautiful details that all add up to one, amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)