Friday, May 18, 2012

May SOTM–Friendship Bouquet

I created another card using this Month’s stamp of the month!! J
I wanted to create a card with these sunflowers, but I wanted to find an EASY way to color in the flower…so this is what I came up with! J


Here is the card…
Friendship Bouquet_sponge dauber color in
Any ideas on how I colored in the flowers? 

Friendship Bouquet sponge dauber close up

If you look closely, you’ll see it’s not a “perfect” coloring job.  It looks “shaded”. 


I used Sponge Daubers to color in my flowers!!!


Lightly ink your dauber, and go in small circles to shade in the sunflower image. 




For the leaves….I used the masking technique


First, I stamped a sunflower on my card where I wanted it…and then masked the leaves.


To mask – stamp the sunflower image on scrap paper – cut it out and then place that image over top of the stamped flower already on your card. 


Next, take the leaf stamp and stamp the leaf where you would like it to be on the sunflower. (you will stamp partly on the scrap sunflower). 


Finally, pull away the cut out sunflower image…and TA DA!!!  You have a sunflower that has leaves growing behind it! J


To color in my leaves…I did something different  J   I turned over my actual clear stamp…inked it up and stamped the solid image it created!!!  It’s FUN to turn over your stamps and see what shape they will ink to be!!!  

Other items I used to create this card…
Honey Mini medleyHoney Mini Medley z1488
Basic Asst. BradsBasic Brad Asst. Z1365
Dry Embossing StylusEmbossing Stylus Z608
Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel


I hope you were able to purchase this May Stamp of the Month stamp set!!!  Sunflowers remind me of summer, but I know I will use this stamp for MANY different occasions!! 


If you haven’t purchased this stamp set…you may be interested in a way you can get this stamp set AND be entered into a Mystery Hostess Drawing!!!  Everyone that places an order from the special link on my website and makes a qualifying order will be entered into the contest! J


Read ON for details!

Have you joined my Dotty for You Contest this month? 2012-4 Dotty for you papers

You could be
one of TWO Mystery Hostesses earning $40-$100 in CTMH Product!!!
 




J There is NO limit to how many times you can enter.  It is based on how many MAY specials you qualify for and order!!!

DETAILS…

**Place an order on my website using the special link that says “May Orders with Krista” at the bottom right,

 **Purchase the May SPECIALS (May SOTM & Dotty for You paper pack)

…and YOU will
EARN tickets to WIN $40-$100 in CTMH Product!!! 

I will be pulling TWO names on June 1st and they will be my MAY mystery hostesses!!! 

CLICK HERE  for YOUR chance to be one of TWO Mystery Hostesses !!!

Want to know MORE??? 

CLICK HERE for additional information on Krista’s Dotty for You Mystery Hostess Contest and view my APRIL Mystery Hostess! J

Blessings to you for a beautiful evening!
Krista J

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)