Monday, July 21, 2014

Balloon Ride- CTMH 3 ring Kraft album

Kraft album_Balloon Ride_Artbooking_page 5 close up DSC_1205We only have 10 more days until the Retiring Items at CTMH will be gone!!

Please check & make sure that you have the items you need!!  CLICK HERE to see the most recent Retiring list!!


Come join me today, as we showcase another paper pack that will be leaving us at the end of July…Balloon Ride

I will truly miss the Balloon Ride paper!  These BEAUTIFUL neutral tones coordinate with about ANY theme!!

I wanted to showcase this paper collection & decided to use our FABULOUS My Creations Kraft 3-Ring Album as well.  With a price point of only $5.95, this album can be used for SO MANY things!! 



I had SO MUCH FUN creating this album!! J  Make sure to stop back for my next couple of blog posts to see how quick & easy this album was to create!!


Here were some “rules” I set for myself before I started creating…
  • no stamping allowed
  • no inking of edges
  • I chose to only use the 8” size cut from my Cricut machine when cutting ALL shapes
  • used the Artbooking Cricut cartridge exclusively
Kraft album_Balloon Ride_Artbooking_cover DSC_1228That’s not hard, right?  J
For me the NO STAMPING part was the hardest!! 

I do have to confess J…you’ll notice in the next post, I DID stamp one time in this book…I stamped lines on my cut out journaling page…but that was the only stamping I used! LOL!!


Take a look at the 1st batch of pages…(make sure to come back to this blog to see the final set of pages!)
It was so fun to add bits of glitter paper behind the cuts outs from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge! 
Kraft album_Balloon Ride_Artbooking_page 1DSC_1228
In creating this album, I started to use only the images from keys 1, 2, 3, & 4 of the Artbooking cartridge.  However, I realized if I kept my dial  size at 8”…it didn’t matter WHAT shape I used in this cartridge! J So I ended up using MANY shapes from the entire cartridge!!

The shape of this half page came from the zero key…
key 0_artbooking_balloon ride 3-ring album

Page 2- very simple…plenty of room for a picture or journaling…
Balloon Ride_kraft album_inside page

Page 3 & 4 - the wording is part of the zip strip from the top of the Balloon Ride paper pack! Kraft album_Balloon Ride_Artbooking_page 2 & 3 DSC_1228

It’s so fun to include a smaller tag in the middle of the album…it adds an extra touch!

Our Base & Bling charms can be used for SO MUCH more than jewelry!  While they do look adorable on our jewelry pieces, I have been using the rhinestone gems (used here) & all of the other charms on so many of my projects!!
Balloon Ride_kraft 3-ring album_tag pageDSC_1203 (2)

The overlays on our Artbooking Cricut cartridge are PERFECT for mini albums!!

Page 5…….For my sparkly circles - I used SCRAPS of Glitter paper!!  The perfect way to use up those pieces! J
Balloon Ride_kraft 3-ring album_bubble overlay page DSC_1203 (2)
We’ll pause here for today…J

As you can see the pages were put together VERY SIMPLY…but it still turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL book!!! (Close To My Heart paper always makes things beautiful! J)

Make sure to join me for my NEXT POST showing the rest of this album’s pages!!

Please take note ….of the list of items used in creating this book.  I used a LOT more items RETIRING than I realized!!

 You have until July 31st OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST to purchase these retiring items!!

CLICK HERE to head over to my website to view these retiring items…

Fireworks& before placing your order, CLICK HERE to check out ALL the amazing July deals!!! 


Products used:
  • X7180B Balloon Ride Paper pack
  • Crème Brulee cardstock (retiring)
  • Sorbet cardstock
  • Crystal Blue Cardstock
  • Twilight Cardstock (retiring)
  • Z1906 Artbooking Cricut Cartridge
  • Z1871 My Creations Kraft 3-ring album
  • Z1830 Brown & Tan Glitter paper
  • Z1958 Craft Queen charms
  • Z1957 Free Thinker Charms (6 charms for only $3.95!)
  • Z1959 Storyteller Charms
  • Z1978 Rhinestone Charms
  • Z1930 Chocolate Woodgrain washi tape (retiring!)
  • Z1849 Bronze Shimmer Trim
  • Z1961 White marquee Enamel Shapes (retiring)
  • Z1928 Triangle Studs
  • Z1752 Brown & Tan Sparkle asst.
  • Z1921 Neutral Metallic Baker’s twine
  • Z1151 3D foam tape

Blessings for a beautiful day & come see again me soon for the details of the COMPLETED album in my next post!!


Krista Hershberger J



2014-7 July special with Krista_free complements

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)