Thursday, April 9, 2020

Joyful Stars Blog Hop - Let's Stay Home card

Welcome to our monthly hop!
We're excited to share our creativity with you using PRODUCTS
from Close To My Heart!!


Come on in and see what BEAUTIFUL projects my crafty friends have creating using the AMAZING products from Close To My Heart!!

 This blog hop is easy to do…just click on the link at the end of the post to go to the next creation!!  If you get lost along the way, CLICK HERE to see the list of this month’s hoppers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have arrived from Marie's blog you are right on track.

I hope you all are doing well, in our bit of a "crazy" world today. I know crafting has been my go to & it's been a joy to craft & create more than normal :)

Close To My Heart designed a special stamp set for this time of our lives...this is the stamp I chose to focus on today. 

Here are the 2 cards I created. 


The special stamp set, created by CTMH is this one here...

We can choose to find good in this situation :) ...and by taking time to take photos, write down feelings, memories, crazy things that are happening, we will PRESERVE & DOCUMENT these memories for future generations! 

What a FABULOUS stamp set, to record these memories! Make sure to check with your CTMH consultant to get this exclusive stamp

Here is a close up of the first card...


I ADORE our stitched shapes, and yes...the stitched heart Thin Cuts were perfect to add to this card. 




Let's take a close look at the background...

FIRST -- maybe you are wondering...why or HOW did I choose the colors for this card design??

Well---HAVE you HEARD the Exciting News??


This month at CTMH, we are having aCARDSTOCK CARNIVAL SALE!  We are SO excited about the 20-40% savings...make sure you talk to your consultant ASAP before this sale ends on April 30th (or while supplies last!) 


This Green-Blue Cardstock Bundle that I used for these 2 cards, is 30% off retail price!

So, let's take a close up look at the many techniques we used on our Fabulous White-Cored Cardstock! :) 


I ADORE our Embossing folders at CTMH -- and I used the "Flower Garden" embossing folder. 

BUT...do you also see the striped embossed cardstock?
This, I created myself by using my bone folder & the groove in my paper trimmer (the groove where the blade normally is located ) :)  


With this 2nd card design, I sanded the top of the Embossed flower piece, giving it a rougher appearance. 



 I used some of our Diamond Stickles to fill in the heart & add a bit of sparkle to this card design. 

Take a look at ANOTHER way to use our cardstock...tearing. 
The border on the right side of the card, was tore to allow the white-core to show through! What a fun, rustic look!




I love those little houses in the "Let's Stay Home" stamp set! I stamped these 3 houses in 3 different colors, glacier, mint & peacock...then I fussy cut them out & paper pieced them together! :) 


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my cards & were inspired to create some of your own. 



Happy Crafting & have a LOVELY evening!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it’s time to Hop on over to Debi's Blog and see what BEAUTIFUL, crafty item she has to share with us today! :) 

Happy Hopping and we’ll see you on the 9th next month when the Joyful Stars team members will be sharing more artwork using Close To My Heart products!    

Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day!!!


Krista Hershberger

5 comments :

  1. Krista, I just love these! I have not used this set yet, but you have done it justice. And I LOVE the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards - the embossing looks fabulous! I can't wait to get this set! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors and ALL of the cool techniques you used on thee two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the wonderful textures you've created and the calming colors you used. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)